[GeoNode-devel] Fall Sprint Nov 16-20 Turin & New Orleans (new thread!)

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:10:32 PDT 2015

Hi guys,

Going to start a new thread here since the old one was getting too
long for comfort.

So, we are set for November 16-20 in Turin at Ithaca [1] and in New
Orleans at Landing Zone [2] (hosted by Boundless).

Note that this coincides with National Geography Awareness week in the US [3].

It seems like everyone is in agreement with Paolo's proposed schedule:

1 - Leave Monday for traveling (those who arrive on Monday will be hosted)
2 - Start from Tuesday morning with presentations (who is doing what
with GeoNode and going to do. we can do this on hangouts so folks that
cant make it can join)
3 - Tue, Wed, Thu: work on specific projects or modules, Bug fixing ,
docs, website
4 - Friday open discussion on next release with GN users as well

A few TODO items

* Update this page on the site [4] (or add a new one)
* Get the 2.4 release out at least a few weeks before this
* Begin discussion and documentation of the Roadmap after 2.4
* Issue triage on Docs tickets so we can be efficient when working on
docs during this sprint

If someone can take on the task of getting the site updated that would
be great. It should be pretty easy now with the new jekyll setup.

Make sure you get your shirt order on the spreadsheet. Ill find a
cutoff date at some point and setup the order so you can all pay for
yours and I can get them shipped to Italy and whoever is not able to
make it.

Anything else Im not thinking of?

Looking forward to seeing many of you in New Orleans and having a
productive sprint!

Jeff

[1] http://www.ithacaweb.org/
[2] http://www.lznola.org/