[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode Devops

Sachindra Singh sachin1618 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 15:17:00 PDT 2016

Hello, is there any work on Dockerfiles for production?

Docker does not play nicely with multiple services on a container, so at
the moment I am using the following workaround to create Geonode containers
and deploying on CoreOS:

1. docker run --cap-add SYS_PTRACE -it --name=geonode -p 80:80 -p 8080:8080
-p 5432 --privileged=true ubuntu:14.04 /bin/bash
---within container---
2. edit contents of /usr/sbin/policy-rc.d, to replace exit 101 by exit 0.
#to counter invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start
3. locale-gen en_US.UTF8
4. locale-gen en_US.utf8
5. add-apt-repository ppa/geonode:stable; apt-get update; apt-get
dist-upgrade; apt-get install geonode; geonode-upateip localhost
6. sudo a2enmod mod-wsgi
7. Install supervisord and configure service startup for apache2, tomcat7,
and postgresql - https://docs.docker.com/engine/admin/using_supervisord/
8. exit
---exit container---
9. docker export -o geonode.docker geonode

Import and run container on different hosts and do a geonode-updateip

Less then ideal, so a multi-container setup (Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL)
using docker-compose would be great if anyone has done it.

S.