[GeoNode-devel] Django 1.9 compatibility

Ariel Nunez ingenieroariel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:17:53 PST 2016

Karma,

It boils to two things, imho:

1. Dependency on a lot of third party django packages means upgrading when
all those are upgraded or having to maintain forks.
2. Using Ubuntu LTS means waiting two years before jumping versions on the
production recommendations.

The actual issues found on each upgrade are usually not that bad and
require minor modifications to GeoNode's code base.

Now that we are in the area, do you know what the next Ubuntu LTS is
shipping with?

-a