[GeoNode-devel] getting started #2

jonas ellehauge jonas at ellevator.net
Tue Jun 7 02:53:22 PDT 2016

Hi again,

After I got geonode up and running on a VirtualBox guest Ubuntu 14.04
server 64 bit, I still got various error messages and pages / images /
map content that wouldn't show. I figured it might be related to geonode
getting confused by the port forwarding on VB (eg forwarded http
requests from 2280 on host machine to 80 on guest).

It took a while to figure out how to set up VB with a local static IP
address, and set the goenode-updateip to the correct IP. Now it mostly
works fine except for the attached 403 error on http://<host>/maps/new -
something about a proxy not being in the PROXY_ALLOWED_HOSTS setting.

What is the way to resolve this on a production server?

On this test server, I just set debug to True and restarted apache2 and
the error is gone.

I find it surprising that some requests from the client are sent
directly to the host IP instead of its domain name. E.g. some requests
are sent in my case as:
http://10.0.0.206/uploaded/thumbs/layer-15349b62-2718-11e6-81f4-080027626197-thumb.png
instead of
http://geonode01/uploaded/thumbs/layer-15349b62-2718-11e6-81f4-080027626197-thumb.png