[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode doesn't recognize GeoServer

Haertel, Michael (IITA) M.Haertel at cgiar.org
Thu Mar 24 01:44:22 PDT 2016

Hello list,

I unfortunately seem to have run into a general problem for which I couldn't find any support on the official pages. I followed the installation instructions from the GeoNode homepage but after the installation it seems that GeoServer and GeoNode are completely disconnected from each other.

Both packages have been installed correctly and I can log in to GeoNode admin page and GeoServer Admin page. My expectation was that for example the default styles from GeoServer would be exposed and visible in GeoNodes Style configuration panel. And if I click on http://localhost/admin/services/service I expected GeoNode to find the local GeoServer installation but "Auto-Detect" and "Paired WMS/WFS/WCS" services show no entries.

It seems that some configuration step is missing. The only information I found was that I needed to add the following lines to the geoservers web.xml:

    <display-name>GeoServer</display-name>
      <context-param>
          <param-name>GEONODE_BASE_URL</param-name>
          <param-value>http://localhost/</param-value>
      </context-param>

      <context-param>
    <param-name>serviceStrategy</param-name>

But that didn't solve anything.

Can somebody tell me what I have to do in order to marry these two products? Or do I have wrong expectations?

Thank you very much,

Michael