[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode doesn't recognize GeoServer

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 02:04:22 PDT 2016

Hi,

geoserver is part of the geonode installation because is customised to
respect the geonode permissions. The way they work together is that geonode
uses geoserver to publish spatial data in OGC formats.
The geonode services are for external OGC services and not the local
geoserver.

To check that everything works, just upload a layer in geonode, if it's
displayed correctly and shouws up in the maps the it's ok. Styles are
created upon layer upload.

hope this helps

> Hello list,
>

> I unfortunately seem to have run into a general problem for which I
> couldn’t find any support on the official pages. I followed the
> installation instructions from the GeoNode homepage but after the
> installation it seems that GeoServer and GeoNode are completely
> disconnected from each other.
>

> Both packages have been installed correctly and I can log in to GeoNode
> admin page and GeoServer Admin page. My expectation was that for example
> the default styles from GeoServer would be exposed and visible in GeoNodes
> Style configuration panel. And if I click on
> http://localhost/admin/services/service I expected GeoNode to find the
> local GeoServer installation but “Auto-Detect” and “Paired WMS/WFS/WCS”
> services show no entries.
>

> It seems that some configuration step is missing. The only information I
> found was that I needed to add the following lines to the geoservers
> web.xml:
>

>     <display-name>GeoServer</display-name>
>
>       <context-param>
>
>           <param-name>GEONODE_BASE_URL</param-name>
>
>           <param-value>http://localhost/</param-value>
>
>       </context-param>
>

>       <context-param>
>
>     <param-name>serviceStrategy</param-name>
>

> But that didn’t solve anything.
>

> Can somebody tell me what I have to do in order to marry these two
> products? Or do I have wrong expectations?
>

> Thank you very much,
>

> Michael

Simone