[GeoNode-devel] Geonode using localhost for WMS requests on Ubuntu 16.04

Jonathan Doig j.doig at unsw.edu.au
Thu Nov 10 22:12:21 PST 2016

Hi devs

I've installed Geonode 2.4 on Ubuntu 16.04 following these instructions<http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/index.html> and changing where needed to make it work.

However Geonode fails to display layers because the browser is making WMS requests to "localhost" rather than to my site URL.

I've fixed the maps in the individual layer pages by changing the OGC_SERVER default PUBLIC_LOCATION in local_settings.py from http://localhost/geoserver/ to http://<my_server>/geoserver/

I don't know why that was needed though, it's not in the installation doco.

In any case the thumbs and legend graphics are still broken e.g.:
http://localhost/uploaded/thumbs/layer-4151fb58-a7bb-11e6-994e-fa163e7da40e-thumb.png

My Geoserver uses the correct URL for WMS calls.

Advice please.

Thanks
Jonathan Doig