[GeoNode-devel] Geonode 2.4 custom install

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 00:02:25 PST 2016

Hi, I'm afraid that that script is outdated, by the way, how did you land
on that page? Because it shouldn't be linked in the docs anymore.

Since you are using a fresh ubuntu, why you don't just use the apt-package
installation?
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/quick_install.html#quick-installation

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install geonode 2.4 on a fresh copy of Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit
> using the custom installation guide:
> http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/
> install/custom_install.html#configure-using-the-ubuntu-config-file
>
> I get stuck when I run the install.sh script:
> "Requirement '/usr/share/geonode/GeoNode-*.zip' looks like a filename,
> but the file does not exist"
> The script is looking for a zip file, but there is no such zip file in the
> the git repository. Where can I find this file?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andrew

Simone