[GeoNode-devel] GNIP 48: Supports for any spatial reference system in viewers

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 13:36:12 PDT 2016

Hi developers

There is interest here (copying my colleague Josh Lieberman and Ben
Lewis) to have a GeoNode instance visualizing data using the Polar
Projection.
More generally, we think GeoNode should support rendering of datasets
using any supported SRS by GeoServer (currently the viewers supports
only 900913 and 4326 as far as I can see).

Therefore we created a GNIP with such a purpose:
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/wiki/GNIP-48--Supports-for-any-spatial-reference-system-in-viewers

The effort should be limited, I already made some tests, as documented
in the GNIP itself.

So it would be awesome to have the GNIP approved and maybe implemented
for GeoNode 2.5

thanks