[GeoNode-devel] New Geonode, GeoSAFE and QGIS work

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Wed Jan 18 05:40:06 PST 2017

Hi all

I'm Gavin Fleming from Kartoza. I'm a long-time Geonode user but am
joining this list as I'm going to be managing a component of the World
Bank project that Kartoza has been working on for a while now under the
direction of Tim Sutton. The goal is to build up the QGIS Server backend
and QGIS Documentation to the point that they are rock solid, scalable
and well integrated.

 From now for six months our brief includes the following:

- Geonode architecture development to improve QGIS and GeoSAFE integration

- improved metadata management within and between QGIS and Geonode

- improved data upload and retrieval capability in Geonode to support
import to and export from QGIS

- developing common style, layer, map and project idioms between Geonode
and QGIS to enable simple sharing and management of these elements

- extending and strengthening the Geonode/ QGIS/ GeoSAFE devops
ecosystem for simple, robust, scalable deployment.

If you'd like more details or to start a discussion around any one of
these please do so in separate threads.

We will also keep the community in the loop as we progress and will
contribute to Geonode GitHub Issues and GNIPs where appropriate.

regards

Gavin
Gavin Fleming - Joint MD - PrGISc [PGP1234]
Visit http://kartoza.com <http://kartoza.com/>to find out about open source:
* Desktop GIS programming services
* Geospatial web development
* GIS Training