[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode UpdateLayers in Admin interface

Martino.BONI at ext.ec.europa.eu Martino.BONI at ext.ec.europa.eu
Thu May 11 10:11:01 PDT 2017

Dear all,

is it possible to call the command

python manage.py updatelayers

from the admin interface of GeoNode?

I tried to make my own app and call the command through call_command() in a view but I got the error reported below.
My skill with Django are quite poor.. does anyone have already add the command to the admin interface?

I would like to update my layers to the Postgis store that I have already set in geoserver and then publish the layer from geoserver, finally call the command. I need to do the upload in this way due to the huge size of some layers that I can not upload directly from geonode.. seems it goes in timeout.. but maybe I'm wrong. Moreover I do not have access to the command line of the production VM where the geonode is installed.

thanks in advance,

Martino.

Exception at /syncgeogeo/runsync

('Failed to process SGDB_PTR', IOError(13, 'Permission denied'))

Request Method: GET
Request URL:    ....
Django Version: 1.6.10
Exception Type: Exception
Exception Value:

('Failed to process SGDB_PTR', IOError(13, 'Permission denied'))

Exception Location:     /srv/www/geonode/geonode/base/models.py in save_thumbnail, line 564
Python Executable:      /usr/bin/python
Python Version: 2.7.5
Python Path:

['/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip-6.1.1-py2.7.egg',
 '/srv/www/geonode',
 '/usr/lib64/python27.zip',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7/plat-linux2',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-tk',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-old',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7/lib-dynload',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages',
 '/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0',
 '/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages',
 '/usr/share/httpd']

Server time:    Thu, 11 May 2017 18:47:12 +0200