[GeoNode-devel] Commit code in GeoNode master branch

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 04:04:19 PDT 2017

Hi Dimitris,

I would definitely see this contribution as part of the core codebase
rather that having it as contrib optional app. Therefore I'm +1 in keeping
the js into layer_detail.html, while for css you could add it to the
base.less (that then you can compile minified into base.css).

If you have tests, the better but being mostly js, as I suppose, it's ok
without them as well as we don't have testing facilities in place for js.

While for the doc, it is in a dedicated folder into the main repo
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/tree/master/docs, you can find the most
convenient place in there.

Thanks a lot for this, very nice and welcome feature.

Let us know if you need further info.

Ciao

karakostis.dimitris at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I have integrated the Layer Filtering functionality in my local master
> branch of GeoNode. The functionality gives the possibility to build basic
> queries based on the layer's attributes and values and download part of the
> layers (in the provided formats) (see screenshot). Currently it works for
> local, vector layers.
>
> In the past we have discussed this functionality here:
> https://goo.gl/7rTDzF
>
> As this is my first contribution to the GeoNode community, I want to be
> sure that the commit complies to best practices in terms of documentation,
> potential tests and code.
>
> Currently I have included CSS and javascript code in the
> layer_detail.html. Should I move these snippets of code in external files?
>
> How and where do I update the documentation?
>
> Any advice on the above would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Dimitris

Simone