[GeoNode-devel] GeoNode PSC candidature

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 14:21:19 PDT 2018

Hi all

I am sending this e-mail to express my motivation in becoming a member of
the new geonode PSC.

I am Ricardo Garcia Silva
I'm currently a member of the ceasing PSC, having been one of the top 7
committers to the geonode codebase whithin the last year. I am an
experienced python programmer, with a strong background in GIS. My academic
formation is in Environmental Engineering and I migrated towards GIS and RS
during my early professional life.

I'm currently working  at GeoSolutions as a software developer, where I am
fortunate to have the chance to work with geonode and many related tech on
a regular basis. My history with geonode and the broader FOSS GIS community
started a while back. I've made contributions to many other projects,
including pycsw, pywps and QGIS. I am also versed in international
standards from the likes of the OGC, ISO and INSPIRE.

I am keen to help maintaining and improving geonode and I believe I can
bring to the PSC a sound technical perspective.

Best regards to all