[GeoNode-users] 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

GC-54 nepanode at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:06:23 PDT 2015

I encountered this same issue... I solved it by replacing the XML documents
for layers in geoserver_data directory. I'm assuming there must have been a
change in the schema for the upgraded version geoserver geonode now uses -
I'd suggest investigating if you didn't try to migrate data manually; but
if you did move old files in the new geoserver_data dir those are likely to
be what are corrupting things.