[GeoNode-users] Geonode, pair of questions

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 00:49:52 PDT 2015

Dear list,

this is my first time I use this list, I had some messages exchange in the previous google group.

In the past I tested geonode installing on my own an instance on my ubuntu server 12.04 in the
version 2.4.dev20140922100009. For this I have to say thank you to Simone Dalmasso who
drove me in the installation. I performed a custom installation, following  this guide:
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/install/custom_install.html#custom-install
at this URL my instance is still running but actually it has been abandoned since last year more or less:
http://repoigg.services.iit.cnr.it

Currently I need to go further using geonode, however, due to a long time without using it, I'm requiring you
some hints and tips.
My questions are:
is there a new dev version?do you think would be convenient to upgrade to a new dev version? Are there important code improvements?I have two different projects: do you suggest me to prepare two geonode installations (one for each project) or can I set up only one instance and configure it to serve the two project? Can I set up two different website (interfaces)?My data (for both project) are already metadated in a geonetwork catalogue, I know I can use geonetwork as metadata catalogue as well as set up my catalogue as external catalogue. What do you suggest?

Thank you for now,

best

Eugenio