[GeoNode-users] set encoding of layer after upload?

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Fri Apr 10 11:30:17 PDT 2015

Hi,

so I have uploaded a couple of spanish datsets without specifying that
the encoding is Latin 1. Is there an option to specify it afterwards -
in GeoServer or somewhere?
Otherwise, it seems, I have to delete the layers and add them as new
datsets (as replaceing the dataset does not allow me to specify the
character encoding again).

I also wonder, when I downloaded two layers, for one specified Latin-1
on upload and for the other not, then the .cst file says for both that
it's UTF-8. So, does GeoServer change re-code the data?

thanks,
stefan