[GeoNode-users] Associate information to shapefiles/raster uploaded

Melvin Ramos melvin.ramos1991 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 08:20:31 PDT 2015

Greetings,

I'm trying to associate specific information to the files I upload (be that
vector or raster) besides the metadata. I'm supposed to implement a
database with a whole of information (text and numbers related to
statistics and NGO standards), but I have no idea where or how to begin to
customize my project: create models, create the forms, query the data
(especially from the map view itself), etc.

I understand that when I upload a file I create a new layer and that I can
add a predetermined info called metadata, and also each file has attributes
(which I guess they come from the file itself), but I need more: I need a
form that people can fill (from custom models) where people can write the
extra info that is required.

Can anyone help me on this matter? Thanks in advance,

MR

--
Melvin David Ramos Macías
07-41408