[GeoNode-users] Trouble uploading .sld files to GeoNode

Tukang Sampah tkgsmph at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 07:14:32 PDT 2015

Dear all,

I'm trying to upload an .sld file enclosed within a zipped shapefile. The
style displays correctly on the layer detail page for this sample (
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6wX8X80IDvoVUctWUdSODg3NGs). It's just a
basic .sld that I copied from /geoserver/rest/styles.

However if I use another .sld file (
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6wX8X80IDvoS3otaVVLX1I5Z1E/view?usp=sharing)
which has <sld:TextSymbolizer> defined, the shapefile upload completes but
does not display correctly on the layer detail page (pink tiles, no
thumbnail on the layer list page). Furthermore after that if I try to
upload any other shapefile (with or without the .sld) it seems the previous
error constantly happens. The only way to fix the upload process is to
restart the tomcat7 service, so maybe geoserver crashed? I'm using the
latest GeoNode from master branch on github with Oracle JRE installed.

What is the proper way to generate .sld files that are compatible GeoNode?
Does anyone have a sample zipped shapefile with a complex .sld that I can
try?

Thanks,

Tukang