[GeoNode-users] [geonode-users] Dockerfiles and Elastic Beanstalk geonode deploys

GC-54 nepanode at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 07:36:43 PST 2015

Dave,

Docker/Vagrant are useful to manage the pulling together of multiple
components in the right order configured the right way. But honestly these
are tools for developers To script out a deployment, the Geonode community
maintains a Ubuntu ppa which is by far the easiest and straightforward way
to install and get Geonode setup in a production environment. Keep it
simple, go directly to ec2 spin up Ubuntu 14.04, ssh into it and run the
commands found on the website replacing production with testing ppa and or
follow the installation docs on using the ppa... Assign an elastic IP in
Amazon and use it in the updateip -> Now you have a Geonode accessible to
anyone with the link to it

Also note that the user mailing list has changed
http://lists.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/geonode-users