[GeoNode-users] GeoNode Upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:14:15 PST 2015

Hi

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Ramesh De Silva <desilvarami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I referred to the instructions in
> "http://geonode.readthedocs.org/en/latest/tutorials/admin/migrate/"
> regarding upgrading Genode 1.2 to 2.0.
>
> 1)
> Can someone confirm that by following the instructions in the mentioned
> document, I could do the needful. I need not mess up with the thing as I
> have 50+ data layers in my existing GeoNode (1.2) instance.
> Any useful instructions regarding this would be highly appreciated.

They are supposed to work, but make sure to fully backup your data
(PostgreSQL databases, Django media files - if any - and GeoServer data
directory) before proceeding, as suggested in the document.

> 2)
> Do you think it's a good idea to wait till GeoNode 2.4 release and upgrade
> 1.2 to 2.4 directly. Would this be possible?

That would not help, as we will provide migration scripts from 2.0 to
2.4 but not from 1.2 to 2.4 unless someone will volunteer for that
kind of tool. Therefore moving from 1.2 to 2.0 first is the way to go.

regards

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net