[GeoNode-users] osgeo module install problem

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 00:43:55 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Paolo Pasquali <
paolo.pasquali at ithaca.polito.it> wrote:

> Hey all,
> I think I am facing the same issue.
> I am trying to install GeoNode on a fresh Ubuntu 14 in virtualenv but I
> get the ImportError: No module named osgeo
> So I've tried to pip install GDAL==1.10.0
> but I get UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in
> position 42: ordinal not in range(128)
> and I am stuck here.
>
> Thanks for your help!

ciao Paolo
if you did not customize things, Ubuntu 14 LTS comes with GDAL 1.10.1,
therefore try to install pygdal 1.10.1 (there is not the corresponding
package for gdal)

$ yolk -V gdal
GDAL 2.0.0
(env)capooti at ubuntu:~/git/github$ yolk -V pygdal
pygdal 1.11.2.1
pygdal 1.11.1.1
pygdal 1.11.0.1
pygdal 1.10.1.1
pygdal 1.10.0.1
pygdal 1.9.2.1
pygdal 1.8.1.1

not sure why previous gdal versions where removed for the gdal package.
cheers

[1]
[2]

--