[GeoNode-users] osgeo module install problem

Vicente deluca.vicente at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 06:16:37 PDT 2015

You are right Paolo Corti, in my case I have gdal 1.11.2 installed by QGIS.
The following documentation is mostly right:
http://geonode.readthedocs.org/en/latest/tutorials/devel/install_devmode/gdal_install.html
Pay attention to point 3:
$ pip install --no-install GDAL==1.10.0
$ nano build/GDAL/setup.cfg

First download, not install, then edit setup.cfg to get the gdal file
configuration from the system, gdal 1.11.2 in my case.

The error in the above documentation is on how to download and install the
library, $pip install --no-download GDAL==1.10.0 just not work because I
never could locate the package downloaded by $ pip install --no-install
GDAL==1.10.0.

These were my steps to move forward:

1) In my (venv) download with wget the right gdal library
2) Edit setup.cfg like doc
3) Compile with $python setup.py build_ext --include-dirs=/usr/include/gdal
4) Move to gdal dir and run $pip install .
5) Get a fresh coffee

Saludos!

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Simone Dalmasso <simone.dalmasso at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For me the steps in the Jeff's script work well. although pygdal seems
> good.

> :
>
>> Sorry Paolo,
>> I've just seen your reply after sending my email.
>> The pip install pygdal==1.10.1 works for me so I was able to run paver
>> sync.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Ciao
>>
>> P.
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 9:43 AM, Paolo Corti <pcorti at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> ciao Paolo
>>> if you did not customize things, Ubuntu 14 LTS comes with GDAL 1.10.1,
>>> therefore try to install pygdal 1.10.1 (there is not the corresponding
>>> package for gdal)
>>>
>>> $ yolk -V gdal
>>> GDAL 2.0.0
>>> (env)capooti at ubuntu:~/git/github$ yolk -V pygdal
>>> pygdal 1.11.2.1
>>> pygdal 1.11.1.1
>>> pygdal 1.11.0.1
>>> pygdal 1.10.1.1
>>> pygdal 1.10.0.1
>>> pygdal 1.9.2.1
>>> pygdal 1.8.1.1
>>>
>>> not sure why previous gdal versions where removed for the gdal package.
>>> cheers
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> [2]
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paolo Corti
>>> Geospatial software developer
>>> web: http://www.paolocorti.net
>>> twitter: @capooti
>>> skype: capooti

> Simone

[image: MANTA] <http://www.estudiomanta.com/>

Vicente Deluca

*+54 11 6091 4579 <%2B54%2011%206091%204579>*