[GeoNode-users] geonode install in 12.04 in Docker fails

Gavin Fleming gavin at kartoza.com
Wed Mar 4 20:38:11 PST 2015

I've now tried it using phusion/baseimage
(https://github.com/phusion/baseimage-docker) and still get the same
errors.

Thinking the problem is the failing inits I added this to the
Dockerfile, which phusion/baseimage provides:

|	CMD ["/sbin/my_init"]|

but still get these errors during the install every time it needs to
restart apache, postgresql, tomcat etc.

            invoke-rc.d: policy-rc.d denied execution of start.

I have successfully installed geonode/testing on my 14.10 host machine
so I think the errors in Docker have something to do with the Docker
environment.