[GeoNode-users] Exists a project template for smartphone collection and upload?

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Mon May 11 07:08:44 PDT 2015

Hi Simone,

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:59 AM, Simone Dalmasso <simone.dalmasso at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Charles,
> at the moment there's no such working tool (apart from a very draft I made
> some years ago that uses formhub + epicollect + geonode) but the interest
> around it is increasing and I'm sure there are other people in the list
> that are willing to work on this.

Well, I was starting to work on such a thing when I stopped to ask .... so
I guess I'll just keep on going with the idea ...

> We encourage potential stakeholders to come in!

That's cool.  I just created:  https://github.com/ccosse/geoplate  Is that
a reasonable name and location?  It's empty still, so easily changed.  I
have an  android gps app that I will upload after cleaning-up.   Beyond
that, I've used django a lot but not geonode, and done GIS but not like
this ... so that's where I'm coming from.   And what I'm after here is a
template which takes care of the common plumbing between smartphone
collection and online presentation, via geonode.  I'm also thinking of
storing uploads as PickledDataObjects, performing serialization and
de-serialization via android and javascript, respectively.

> About your questions:
> - you can add google as an optional background in the settings here
> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/settings.py#L617 using
> this doc http://gxp.opengeo.org/master/doc/lib/plugins/GoogleSource.html

Thank you

> - you will have to customize the code of the mapping library which is
> based on Geoexplorer http://suite.opengeo.org/opengeo-docs/geoexplorer/.
> But here others may help you more than me. :)

Thank you

> Ciao

Ciao!