[GeoNode-users] Postgis extension on geonode DB

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Tue May 12 04:22:59 PDT 2015

Hi Renata,

I strongly suggest you to use the geonode_project to customize geonode and
add your apps, see https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode-project/tree/2.4.

For your questions:
- here a guide on how to use multiple database on django
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.8/topics/db/multi-db/
- the geonode database already have postgis installed, if you installed
geonode via apt-get you will get two databases, one is called geonode and
the other geonode-data and this one has postgis installed. In any case you
can always install postgis with $ psql -d yourdb -c "CREATE EXTENSION
POSTGIS;"

Hope this helps