[GeoNode-users] Possible to save a GeoRSS feed to a map?

GC-54 nepanode at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:55:40 PDT 2015

The later... To support saving/loading map resources agnostic of the
frontend/client web map and providing a straightforward way to hook them
together using a documented api

That's a lot easier to say then do obvoiusly... Right now geonode uses Gxp
to do this as a map config (
http://gxp.opengeo.org/master/doc/) and interfaces with it from maps app in
geonode. Here's the test -
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/maps/tests_populate_maplayers.py

You could extent the map model to serialize another field like that used
for saving the gxp wms and create or extend geoexplorers grid for their
display and saving to the new field mimicking how it is done for gxp wms?
But again the world is moving beyond Geoexplorer long term and in my
opinion of course...

Add Map field to models.py

Mimic/extent snapshot config
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/maps/views.py

Figure out how to connect the frontend to the new view
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/maps/templates/maps/map_include.html

All that said the further my advise wonders from Linux the less creatable
my advise becomes :)