[GeoNode-users] Metadata in downloads

Ragnvald Larsen ragnvald at mindland.com
Fri May 15 13:08:27 PDT 2015

I am only a user (admin) in this respect. I could also see the use of the
oposite - being able to upload metadata for import to the geonode metadata
handler.

The two problems points to a challenge in the metadata workflow - from
QGIS/ArcGIS to/from Geonode and how it is handled.

At least the curating of the metadata could be handled by having a sytstem
of mapping data from a local data source (xls, xml, csv, ocal database) and
uploading it to relevant layers in the metadata "engine" of geonode.

These are just some initial ideas, but wit a good description this is
something which could attract funding. Any comments?