[GeoNode-users] geonode customization

Eugenio Trumpy frippe12573 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:11:30 PST 2015

Hi to everybody,

thanks to everybody, in particular with who follow me during geonode my installation for production.
Now I can say that the most important functionalities are working (including save map who gave me a lot of troubles).

Currently I'm going to work to customize my geonode installation exploiting some already running services
managed by my organization.

Firstly I read the guide: http://docs.geonode.org/en/latest/tutorials/admin/customize_admin/theme_admin.html#customize-theme-admin
but I wonder if somebody can suggest me other reference, for instance on bootstrap usage in geonode or a guide to customize the portal.

After that I would like to know if I can manage another group of categories, let's call them 'topics', which details better the layers/maps/documents I'm going to upload/use.

Eventually I wonder I does the metadata management in geonode work. I understand that all layers loaded and maps created are related to metadata saved in pycsw default system. I have an already running geonetwork containing about 50 metadata, I saw I can use my metadata engine as catalogue by configuring it in the local_setting.py, but I guess geonode will use the catalogue set to store new metadata, what happens to those already loaded in my external engine? Is it possible to have them listed? If not can I connect my metadata engine as CSW service by using external service setup? In that way am I able to list the metadata (and the attributes) somewhere in geonode?
Last thing is a little issue on downloading the metadata in different format: two quwstions: 1) I got an error 'server not found', that's why I guess there is something wrong on the URL call for the catalogue since the URL is:

http://my_server_namecatalogue/csw?outputschema=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.isotc211.org%2F2005%2Fgmd&service=CSW&request=GetRecordById&version=2.0.2&elementsetname=full&id=15305b80-86d5-11e5-8e7f-5254002700a7

As you can see after http:// I have my_server_namecatalogue I think it could be an error having my server name attached to catalogue, isn't it?

Then I wonder if it is possible to download the metadata in INSPIRE format or other specific.

Thanks for now,

best

Eugenio