[GeoNode-users] GeoNode Upgrade

Francesco Bartoli xbartolone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:11:13 PST 2015

Hi David,

sorry part of the message was missing:

for geoserver data you can backup your old GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR even though I'm
not quite sure configuring it as external resource [1] continues to work since
geoserver data dir from version 2.2 also changed. For migrating between them
you should follow this guideline [2].

[1] [docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/advanced/adv_data_mgmt/adding_data/c
reating_setting.html?highlight=geoserver%20data](http://docs.geonode.org/en/ma
ster/tutorials/advanced/adv_data_mgmt/adding_data/creating_setting.html?highli
ght=geoserver%20data)

[2] http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/datadirectory/migrating.html

Regards,

Francesco

> On Nov 24 2015, at 10:07 am, Francesco Bartoli <xbartolone at gmail.com>
> for geoserver data you can backup your old GEOSERVER_DATA_DIR even though
I'm not quite sure configuring it as external resource [1] continues to work
since geoserver data dir from version 2.2 also changed. For this task you can
follow this guideline [2].

<simone.dalmasso at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi David,

>> the migrations are not automatic and it's not possible to install the 2.4
just on top of the 2.0.1 due to the big amount of changes happened. There are
manual migrations that you can do though, they have been used successfully
some times. I'm cc.ing @capooti for more details.

<[dalda at hazi.eus](mailto:dalda at hazi.eus)>:

>>> Hi,

Congrats to the developers team!!  I was looking forward to downloading the
new release!  By the way, how can I upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.4 without losing
all my GeoServer and User/permission data?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Agur bero bat,

David Alda Fernández de Lezea
Área de Sistemas de Información Geográfica, Planificación Territorial y
Forestal Informazio Geografikoen Sistemak, Lurralde eta Baso Antolaketaren
Arloa.
dalda at hazi.eus | www.hazi.eus
T 945 003 240 - M 627 923 170 - F 945 003 290
Hazi | Granja Modelo de Arkaute s/n | 01192 Arkaute - Araba

Mezu hau pertsonala eta isilpekoa da eta baimenik gabeko erabilera debekatua
dago legalki. Jasotzailea ez bazara ezabatu mezua, bidali eta kontserbatu
gabe.
Este mensaje es personal y confidencial y su uso no autorizado está prohibido
legalmente. Si usted no es el destinatario, proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo
ni conservarlo.
This message is personal and confidential, unauthorised use is legally
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, delete it without resending
or backing it.