[GeoNode-users] Google Basemaps Problem

Davi Custodio davicustodio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 04:38:05 PST 2015

Hello guys. I'm trying to put google layers as basemaps in GeoNode 2.4.
Added to local_settings.py:

, {
     "source": {"ptype": "gxp_googlesource", "apiKey": GOOGLE_API_KEY}
     "group", "background"
     "name": "SATELLITE"
     "visibility": True,
     "fixed": True
   }

Before I signed up one Google API Key my url.

Note that I am trying to let Google Satellite as the default basemap.

The problem happens when the detail of the access layer, or in Geoexplorer
the GeoNode. How Google Satellite is as default, the base map appear blank. If
I enable another layer "not google" as the OSM, and to zoom in, and then return
to the Google layer, the map appears.
I realized that Google layers show up only when I go into another layer and
do not google zoom in.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

--