[GeoNode-users] shapefile size restriction

Stefan Steiniger sstein at geo.uzh.ch
Fri Oct 2 14:42:25 PDT 2015

Hey Lautaro,

this is rather a work-around than a solution:
Big shapefiles (> 100 MB) I am copying over to the server and loading
them there with the command line using "geonode importlayers". You may
also check your postgis tables: After I tried a couple of times I
noticed that I had the files actually loaded into the DB, but they were
not linked to GeoNode/GeoServer etc. So it was more or less a network
issue. Copying the data first prevented that.

cheers,
Stefan