[GeoNode-users] geonode causing alphabetic dependency in apache sites-enabled

Charles Cossé ccosse at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 06:13:39 PDT 2015

Hi, when serving virtual domains in addition to GeoNode I have noticed an
apparent alphabetic dependency with respect to the
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/.conf files.

Let's say that I have:

   1. www.mydomain.org  enabled via /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aaa.conf
   2. geonode.mydomain.org enabled via /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ggg.conf

My observation is that requests to the geonode site generate 400 (Bad
Request) errors when the first letter of the other .conf file is any letter
"a" through "f".  If I change the first letter of the other virtual domain
to something which occurs alphabetically after the letter "g", for example "
hhh.org", then things work fine.  I've just tested this repeatedly with
Firefox and Chrome, both, and the results are consistent.  It sounds a
little crazy to me but it also appears to be real.  Has anyone noticed this
before, or can reproduce it?

Thanks,

-Charles