[GeoNode-users] Permissions for layers and maps - LDAP

Vincent Hussey vincent.hussey at opw.ie
Tue Sep 8 08:58:53 PDT 2015

Hi Group,

I am having a problem viewing a layer and a map created by a user.

I installed GeoNode on Ubuntu 14.04 using the Quick Start instructions.
I have set up ldap authentication using django_auth_ldap, with the
following settings in local_settings.py:

AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = (
     'django_auth_ldap.backend.LDAPBackend',
     'django.contrib.auth.backends.ModelBackend',
)

AUTH_LDAP_SERVER_URI = "ldap://ldap.example.com" # my ldap server url
AUTH_LDAP_BIND_DN = ""
AUTH_LDAP_BIND_PASSWORD = ""
#AUTH_LDAP_USER_SEARCH = LDAPSearch("ou=,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com",
AUTH_LDAP_USER_SEARCH = LDAPSearch("o=ORG",
#,ou=,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com",
     ldap.SCOPE_SUBTREE, "(uid=%(user)s)")

#AUTH_LDAP_BIND_AS_AUTHENTICATING_USER = True
#AUTH_LDAP_USER_DN_TEMPLATE = "cn=%(user)s"

# Populate the Django user from the LDAP directory.
AUTH_LDAP_USER_ATTR_MAP = {
     "first_name": "givenName",
     "last_name": "sn",
     "email": "mail"
}

#AUTH_LDAP_USER_FLAGS_BY_GROUP = {
#    "is_active": "cn=active,ou=django,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com",
#    "is_staff": "cn=staff,ou=django,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com",
#    "is_superuser": "cn=superuser,ou=django,ou=groups,dc=example,dc=com"
#}

AUTH_LDAP_CONNECTION_OPTIONS = {
     ldap.OPT_DEBUG_LEVEL: 1,
     ldap.OPT_REFERRALS: 0,
}

This allows a user to successfully authenticate.

The user can upload a shapefile layer, but when he tries to access the
layer at http://url/layers/layer_name , this error appears:

Not Permitted
You are not allowed to perform this operation.
Please verify that you are logged in as the correct user.

Similarly, the user can create a map and save it, but when he tries to
access the map at http://url/maps/3/ the same error appears.

Any help appreciated,

Regards,
Vincent

OPW - Ag féachaint don am atá le teacht - Ag caomhnú ón am atá thart
OPW - Looking to the future - Caring for the past