[GeoNode-users] Understanding group permissions in GeoNode

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:19:59 PDT 2015

Hi Daniel,
what you want to achieve cannot be done with standard GeoNode as, by
default, a user that uploads data is also the owner and can publish and
modify it. You would have to modify the standard permissions (easy
setting), the UI to remove the public flags and not grant the
"change_resourcebase_permissions" permission to the users that should not
be able to publish.
Then you have to add the notifications system to the group you need for
"layer_uploaded".

About the permissions, don't consider the ones in the "admin panel" as they
contain also some django internals that we don't use. the GeoNode
permissions are the ones listed in the permissions widget: