[GeoNode-users] Windows Installer Error

Carlo Di Michele carlo.dimichele at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 07:30:52 PDT 2016

Hello and thanks for your fast support.

The system is not a clean system.
I have yet installed other python's version.

Note: I've installed everything without the Antivirus Avira because detect
a troian (Dropper.gen) in the postgis-pg84-setup-1.5.4-2.exe

After the installation this is the situation:

JVM I don't see any service active. Postgre service there is postgresql-8.4
running.

I see Apache 2 service that doesn't starts (see the note below).

I don't see Tomcat 7 service.

About the GeoNode folder I see:

- Apache2  where the logs contains the install.log where there are no errors
- Apache Tomcat 7 where the logs is empty
- data
- Gdal
- Geonode-2.4x
- postgres
- python27

Note: in the environment variables system the JRE_HOME path was
C:\Geonode-2.4x\jre but there is no jre folder there created!!! I did a
test: I've change the JRE_HOME to the right path (under Java Folder) and it
starts. Seems that the installation fails to create jre subfolder in the
C:\Geonode-2.4x folder

No other environmental Variables has been created as indicated in the
Windows Installer user guide.

The only icon created are:
- Geonode that points to http://localhost ...... nothing opens
- GeoNode VirtualEnv Setup that points to
C:\Geonode-2.4x\Geonode-2.4x\virtualenv_setup.bat that doesn't exist.
- Uninstall

Hope these hints helps.

Regards
Carlo