[GeoNode-users] Styles not stylin'

Cliff Patterson cliffpatterson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 06:59:00 PDT 2016

Greetings Geonode Users!

I'm new to Geonode, but familiar with Geoserver and PostGIS. I installed
Geonode from the ppa this week, and I am having a number of problems
getting a few critical components working. I am running Geonode on Ubuntu
Server 14.04.4 LTS.

I'll start this post with what I consider the top priority in my world at
the moment -- styling layers.

Basically, if I set a layer style in Geoserver, it appears in Geonode's
GeoExplorer with that style when I run "geonode updatelayers", but I am
unable to change the style from within GeoNode. If I make any edits in the
map view, those changes are not made either to the mapped layer and they
are not saved to geoserver. Basically, I have to completely remove a layer
from Geoserver and re-add it if I want to make any changes to a layer's
style. That doesn't seem right.

Next, if I change the style in Geoserver, that style is not changed in
GeoNode. No updates are made to the GeoNode layers (except in the thumbnail
for some reason). The layer will always display in its original style on a
map. It is almost as though there is a cache somewhere that needs to be
cleared (I cleared GWC, but that did nothing). I updated layers with
"geonode updatelayers" and restarted Apache. No change.

Note that I'm having these problems with both shapefile and PG/PostGIS
layers.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get styles working with
GeoNode?

Big thanks!
Cliff