[GeoNode-users] error executing python manage.py updatelayers

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 00:35:01 PDT 2016

Hello Andrea,

> Hi,

[...]
> In the geonode home there is no the file manage.py so I Tried to use the one
> in
> “/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/django/conf/project_template/manage.py”,
> is it correct?

The command goenode updatelayers is an alias for django-admin, not manage.py

the content of /usr/sbin/geonode in my installation (also ubuntu 14.04
with ppa) is this:

#!/bin/bash
if hash django-admin 2>/dev/null; then
    django-admin $@ --settings=geonode.settings
else
    django-admin.py $@ --settings=geonode.settings
fi

maybe you could try to create it  and make executable, or test the command

The error "Could not import settings '{{ project_name }}.settings'"
says that you didn't specify any project settings.

Amedeo