[GeoNode-users] Customize pages found in template directory of main geonode app

Kevin Côté Kevin.Cote2 at USherbrooke.ca
Thu Aug 25 10:05:32 PDT 2016

Hi,

I want to customize pages other than base.html and index.html for my
custom geonode project. In this example I want to change the "Share
this" text of the social_links.html page for something else.

My understanding is that I need to create a new HTML template file and
that will be linked to the base social_links.html file.

So, I created the HTML file "site_links.html" in the template folder of
my custom project. The file looks like this:

_{% extends social_links.html %}_
_{% load i18n %}_
_{% block social_links %}_
_ <article class="tab-pane" id="share">_
_ <header>_
_ <h3>{% trans "New text here!" %} {% trans resource.class_name %}
</h3>_
_ </header>_
_ </article>_
_{% endblock %}_

I've also added to the main social_links.html file:

_{% extends "site_links.html" %}_

I tought this would work but whenever I get on a layer page, I get an
Internal Server Error.

What is the correct way to customize other pages than index.html and
base.html ?

Thanks !