[GeoNode-users] Severe layer permissions problem

Daniel Berry dberry at boundlessgeo.com
Fri Aug 26 02:52:22 PDT 2016

Ben,

It appears that your GeoServer is not seeing the  GeoNode (Django)
sessionid. Did you configure the GeoNode Auth provider
http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/install_and_admin/geonode_install/install_geoserver_application.html#geonode-authentication-integration.

Geoserver uses the sessionid to initiate a request to GeoNode to verify
that the user is authorized to view the layer. If the layer is not granted
anonymous access GeoServer will not expose the layer to the user, which is
why you are seeing pink tiles.

Dan