[GeoNode-users] Geonode SRS 3857

David Alda Fernandez de Lezea dalda at hazi.eus
Mon Feb 15 00:25:12 PST 2016

Hi,

As I posted in the GeoServer's Users List there are minor differences in the WKT definitions of EPSG:900913 and EPSG:3857:

This the WKT representation of GeoServer's ESPG:900913

PROJCS["WGS84 / Google Mercator",
  GEOGCS["WGS 84",
    DATUM["World Geodetic System 1984",
      SPHEROID["WGS 84", 6378137.0, 298.257223563, AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],
      AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],
    PRIMEM["Greenwich", 0.0, AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
    UNIT["degree", 0.017453292519943295],
    AXIS["Longitude", EAST],
    AXIS["Latitude", NORTH],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]],
  PROJECTION["Mercator_1SP"],
  PARAMETER["semi_minor", 6378137.0],
  PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin", 0.0],
  PARAMETER["central_meridian", 0.0],
  PARAMETER["scale_factor", 1.0],
  PARAMETER["false_easting", 0.0],
  PARAMETER["false_northing", 0.0],
  UNIT["m", 1.0],
  AXIS["x", EAST],
  AXIS["y", NORTH],
  AUTHORITY["EPSG","900913"]]

And this is the one in spatial reference (http://spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/6627/html/ )

PROJCS["Google Mercator",
    GEOGCS["WGS 84",
        DATUM["World Geodetic System 1984",
            SPHEROID["WGS 84",6378137.0,298.257223563,
                AUTHORITY["EPSG","7030"]],
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","6326"]],
        PRIMEM["Greenwich",0.0,
            AUTHORITY["EPSG","8901"]],
        UNIT["degree",0.017453292519943295],
        AXIS["Geodetic latitude",NORTH],
        AXIS["Geodetic longitude",EAST],
        AUTHORITY["EPSG","4326"]],
    PROJECTION["Mercator_1SP"],
    PARAMETER["semi_minor",6378137.0],
    PARAMETER["latitude_of_origin",0.0],
    PARAMETER["central_meridian",0.0],
    PARAMETER["scale_factor",1.0],
    PARAMETER["false_easting",0.0],
    PARAMETER["false_northing",0.0],
    UNIT["m",1.0],
    AXIS["Easting",EAST],
    AXIS["Northing",NORTH],
    AUTHORITY["EPSG","900913"]]

As you can see in the AXIS part there're two differences. I don't know if this is something crucial or not.

I more or less managed to get it work by setting GeoNode's default SRS to ESPG:3857 (/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/geonode/settings.py) and by setting the following layer properties in GeoServer:

Native: EPSG:3857 (what I comes)
Declared: 3857
Forced to declared

But it seems that there're some problems when a creating a new map from the layer due to this change. I'll keep on investigating.

Thanks.

Regards.

Agur bero bat,

David Alda Fernández de Lezea
Área de Sistemas de Información Geográfica, Planificación Territorial y Forestal Informazio Geografikoen Sistemak, Lurralde eta Baso Antolaketaren Arloa.
dalda at hazi.eus | www.hazi.eus
T 945 003 240 – M 627 923 170 – F 945 003 290
Hazi | Granja Modelo de Arkaute s/n | 01192 Arkaute – Araba

*********************  LEGE OHARRA   *******************   AVISOLEGAL   *******************   DISCLAIMER   *****************************
Mezu hau pertsonala eta isilpekoa da eta baimenik gabeko erabilera debekatua dago legalki. Jasotzailea ez bazara ezabatu mezua, bidali eta kontserbatu gabe.
Este mensaje es personal y confidencial y su uso no autorizado está prohibido legalmente. Si usted no es el destinatario, proceda a borrarlo, sin reenviarlo ni conservarlo.
This message is personal and confidential, unauthorised use is legally prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, delete it without resending or backing it.

Can't reach your server, anyway would be strange if geoserver treats 900913 requests different from 3857.

@afabiani any hints?

Hi Simone,

It’s strange yes… In GeoServer the layers are served in 3857 (native and declared) and if I preview the layer directly from GeoServer I can see those labels correctly but once loaded into the GeoExplorer Map the tiles are requested under 900913, I mean, I’ve tracking them down with fiddler and I can’t see anywhere a 3857 parameter.

If you want to check the layer I’m using you can do it with:

http://www.geo.euskadi.eus/WMS_NEKAZARITZA?

LAYER=ADR_DR_TEXT