[GeoNode-users] Pycsw vs Geonetwork

Allan Oware allanoware at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 04:59:22 PST 2016

In some cases I've encountered, some users would want a geonode/geoportal
implementation with more emphasis on the
metadata catalog than the data itself. For instance, an organisation would
want to open up its data inventory instead of opening up
the data. Also, if they already have a running geonetwork instance, pycsw
will be redundant in such a case.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 2:09 PM, Derek <gamesbook at gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably because its an official OGC Reference Implementation since 2012
> -  http://www.opengeospatial.org/resource/products/details/?pid=1325
>
> Any reason you'd want to make it Geonetwork?
>
> On 18 February 2016 at 23:43, Allan Oware <allanoware at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Am not sure whether this has been mentioned on the list before, starting
>> Geonode 2.0, why was Pycsw preferred as the default catalogue server
>> instead of Geonetwork opensource ? I understand one can switch to an
>> alternate csw backend after installing geonode, but were there issues with
>> geonetwork that prompted the switch to pycsw ?
>>

>> Regards.
>> --
>>
>> Allan Oware

Allan Oware