[GeoNode-users] Copy part of the layers in a geonode instance

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:44:40 PST 2016

We have a GeoNode instance with more than 1000 layers published. We'd like
to have a seccond GeoNode site with only some of the layers published in
the first site, around 100. So far we've though of two ways to do this:
1) install a clean GeoNode and manually register the 100 layers
2) Copy the GeoNode with 1000 layers and manually delete the 900 excess
layers

The first option sound better, specially if we use the importlayers
command. But can I import the metadata with the importlayers commad?

Are there any other options?

Thanks
Daniel