[GeoNode-users] Metadata partly parsed.

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 10:48:22 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dears,
>
> we would like to deploy our data using GeoNode. However, at present I am
> finding multiple issues that i'm not sure I'm able to overcome. I'd probably
> better start multiple thread on each issues. I depend upon your kind help.
> First issue that I found is that, our metadata, even though 100% INSPIRE
> compliant, seem not to be parsed correctly by GeoNode. The only info that I
> can visualize after uploading are title, publication date, category and
> owner. In the section Abstract appears "No abstract provided", but the
> abstract was provided. You can download a sample metadata for testing here .

GeoNode uses the OWSLib package to parse the ISO metadata.  Looking deeper
at your metadata sample, your abstract is cast as:

<gmd:abstract>
  <gmx:Anchor ...>
</gmd:abstract>

OWSLib looks for the following construct:

<gmd:abstract>
  <gco:CharacterString>
</gmd:abstract>

so in your case gmx:Anchor is not being picked up as an abstract.

This is the first time (INSPIRE-based and elsewhere) that I've seen this
design pattern.  Is it possible to update your metadata as a workaround?  At
the same time it would be worth to investigate in OWSLib and possibly apply
a issue/patch/workaround.

..Tom