[GeoNode-users] Automatic shapefile upload and authorization settings

Simone Dalmasso simone.dalmasso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:38:19 PDT 2016

Hi it is definitely possible, you can track down what the layer_upload view
does,
https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/layers/views.py#L132,
this view works through an http request containing the layer and
permissions specifications and down in the logic you will find the
functions used to save a layer. You can also save the layers in geoserver
and then tun geonode updatelayers and set the permissions in a second time.