[GeoNode-users] Base Administration

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:39:04 PDT 2016

I believe for topic categories it is still possible to do this by
setting MODIFY_TOPICCATEGORY to True (or by adding them directly from
Django shell or db shell)

http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/reference/developers/settings.html#modify-topiccategory

cheers

On Mon, Jun 13, 2016 at 1:19 AM, Simone Dalmasso
<simone.dalmasso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> for the topic categories you can edit
> https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/master/geonode/settings.py#L488, for
> the restriction code type and spatial representation types I'm copying you
> what is written in the code
> "the records are from the standard TC 211 list, so no way to add".
>
> So unless you change the code you cannot change them.

>> Hi there,
>>

>> I am running 2.4 on windows with cartoview installed, how can I add new
>> Regions/Topic Categories/ Spatial Representation Types/ Restriction Code
>> Types ?
>>

>> I can see Contac roles/Licenses/Links/Metadata Regions have this
>> capability….
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Chris Franklin
>>
>> GIS and Database Co-ordinator
>>
>> Exploration Australia
>>
>> Tel:         +61 08 9425 4719
>>
>> Fax:        +61 08 9425 4650
>>
>> Email:      cfranklin at anglogoldashanti.com
>>

>> Consider the environment. Think before you print.
>>

>> This email, and its attachments, is subject to important warnings and
>> disclaimers which are legally incorporated into this email in terms of
>> Section 11(3) of the South African Electronic Communications and
>> Transactions Act, 25 of 2002. The full text of the warnings and disclaimers,
>> together with the company details and directors is available by clicking on
>> http://www.anglogoldashanti.com/en/Pages/legal.aspx

> Simone

Paolo Corti
Geospatial software developer