[GeoNode-users] Styles not stylin'

Cliff Patterson cliffpatterson at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:43:06 PDT 2016

Thanks for this suggestion, and you are definitely on the right track. I
reinstalled on a fresh Ubuntu install and everything now works flawlessly.
I have determined that since I had changed the default PG password and
modified the access permissions, it caused a few errors on the Postgres log
once GeoNode was installed -- namely the inability to access the GeoNode
DB.

Advice: do not install postgres prior to GeoNode. Install Geonode and let
the installer set up the DB.

So far this strategy is working and I am able to modify styles in GeoNode.
I have not, however, tested layers that reside in a PostGIS store. That's
my next test.

Thanks,
Cliff

--