[GeoNode-users] Documentation for CSW

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue May 3 17:01:03 PDT 2016

Hi Israel: thanks for the info.  This should work.  Notes:

- in the default CSW schema representation, keywords are represented by
1..n dc:subject elements.  You can access this in OWSLib via:
csw.records.itervalues().next().subjects
- Categories need to be set in the UI or provided via ISO metadata (which
supports a TopicCategory element), and are then available via querying the
CSW for an ISO schema representation, i.e.:

csw.getrecords2(outputschema='http://www.isotc211.org/2005/gmd')
print csw.results
print csw.records.itervalues().next().identificationinfo[0].topiccategory
print csw.records.itervalues().next().identificationinfo[0].keywords2

Having said this, there is currently no way to express the Category in
the default CSW schema provided by pycsw.  I've filed a pycsw issue [1]
to fix this for cases where the core CSW schema is the preferred option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://github.com/geopython/pycsw/issues/432