[GeoNode-users] HOW should I run update layers to publish layers from Geoserver?

Amedeo Fadini amefad at gmail.com
Thu May 26 00:13:50 PDT 2016

Hi Simone, thank-you for your reply

> Hi Amedeo,
>
> updatelayers should run as a normal user as it doesn't write any file to
> disk, it will only register the data available in geoserver into the geonode
> db.
so it's not important which user? (btw I've found the right command to
log as an user without bash: su -s /bin/bash www-data)

> Your error seems more to be related on geonode - gesoserver setup.  Do you
> have any other information on this error?

Yes, looking in geoserver log and apache access.log I've found that
inside /var/www/geonode/uploaded/thumbs there was some files owned by
root. With chmod -R 755 and chown to www-data:www-data now I'm able to
edit the styles and save them.
Seems solved.

I still need to modify the sld style by hand in Geoserver editor to
add hatches and so on, but it works.