[GeoNode-users] How to synchronize GWC configuration

Toni Schönbuchner toni.schoenbuchner at csgis.de
Mon Nov 21 22:34:39 PST 2016

Hi Francesco,

thanks a lot for your reply. I am quite new to Geonode thus I would double check if
I understand everything correctly.

Would this be the way you have in mind:

Delete the layer
curl -v -u admin:geoserver -XDELETE "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/gwc/rest/layers/coral_reef.xml"
(I cannot access Geoservers GWC Gui. )

After that, check if I can access the GUI again and rebuild the Cache? I´m unsure how to do this
correctly. I´ve found this three methods:

1. delete or rename the layers
2. via interface: 'demo' page --> 'Seed this layer' ---> 'Type of operation' select 'Reseed - regenerate all tiles'
3. Let the user do  it: expire them using the geowebcache.xml

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Rebuild-GWC-td5093241.html <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Rebuild-GWC-td5093241.html>

Which one would you suggest?

Cheers,

Toni