[GeoNode-users] backup error, geonode 2.6 => backup.py=> import error: no moduled named simplejson

Federico Gianoli alpacagis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 03:11:41 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I would like to create a backup of my geonode project and I am using this
guide: http://docs.geonode.org/en/master/tutorials/admin/backup_restore/

>From my django admin page (Base => backups) I tried to do a backup, but,
when I run the backup, on a fully writable folder (777), there is this
server error:
Internal Server Error

to complete your request.
I have double checked the settings.ini file, and I have noted that the
configuration file is not yet update for the 2.6 version, it has these
lines:

#Migrate from GN 2.4 to GN 2.4
migrations =
base.resourcebase,layers.layer,layers.attribute,maps.map,maps.maplayer
manglers   =
gn24_to_24.ResourceBaseMangler,gn24_to_24.LayerMangler,gn24_to_24.LayerAttributesMangler,gn24_to_24.DefaultMangler,gn24_to_24.MapLayersMangler

Is it correct? Have I to change these lines accordingly to the 2.6 version?
(e.g. gn26_to_26.ResourceBaseMangler ...)?

When I try to run the backup from command line there is the following error
about the file backup.py

import error: no moduled named simplejson

How can I solved this issue?

Tanks a lot

Federico